Effective Use of PE and Sports Premium at D’Eyncourt Primary School 2018-19
(Numbers provided by Summer 2018 Census- £16000 plus £10 per pupil Y1-6
270 pupils x £10= £2,700 + £16,000= £18,700)
“Every child will enjoy increased participation in sporting activities and develop a healthier lifestyle”
D’Eyncourt Primary School will use its Sports Premium Grant to improve PE and Sports participation across the school and will promote a healthy lifestyle for all children.
D’Eyncourt will offer an increasing number of children the opportunity to compete for our school in a rising number of Sporting events and improve the opportunity to develop the excellence of talented pupils. To this end, we now have discrete responsibility for sport separate to PE.
The two main aspects that we will develop are:
Improving the quality of teaching and learning in PE and other relevant subject areas.
- The school will use the Sports Premium Grant to raise the standard of teaching and learning, by upskilling teachers in PE through a Sport & Education Package from Wolves Community Sports which will underpin progression and continuity in children’s sporting skills
Increasing participation in sporting activities and high quality PE lessons for all
- Increasing participation in sporting activities and local competition and encourage excellence in a wider range of sports. Increasing the opportunities to take part in inter-school competition will also raise levels of motivation and enthusiasm. The Sports Funding will fund the costs of participation in competitions, but more importantly the ever increasing costs of transport to different venues.
- This will be extended to offer additional after school clubs to develop self-control and discipline.
Details of Grant 2018/19- Current Allocation- £18,700
Nature of Support
- 1 afternoon a week of teacher CPD (37 weeks x£110 per afternoon) £4070
- Support costs of additional transport to allow additional participation in sporting activity or new events. Estimated costs £4500
- Additional After school clubs £4500
Observations of impact and outcomes at this point and access to funding by numbers of children- over 70 representing D’Eyncourt at different Wolverhampton and local events.
School competed in the following events:
- Tag Rugby
- Multi Skills
Swimming and Water Safety Data 2018
% of children
|What percentage of your Year 6 pupils could swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres when they left your primary school at the end of last academic year?||78%|
|What percentage of your Year 6 pupils could use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke] when they left your primary school at the end of last academic year?||78%|
|What percentage of your Year 6 pupils could perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations when they left your primary school at the end of last academic year?||78%|
|Schools can choose to use the primary PE and sport premium to provide additional provision for swimming but this must be for activity over and above the national curriculum requirements. Have you used it in this way?||No|
Impact of PE and Sports Premium £18,710 2017-18
- Quality CPD was provided for all staff from Reception to Year 6 by Sports Plus Coaching.
- All children had access to an increasing range of Sporting After School Clubs- eg Hockey, Football, Dance etc
- Increased participation, motivation and enthusiasm in sporting activities.
- Children and parents becoming more aware of healthy lifestyles